The Handy Learning program is a researched, peer-reviewed, evidence-based and curriculum-based program that has been proven effective in developing fine motor skills in young children.
The Handy Learning Activity Book provides therapists, teachers and parents with fun, engaging activities for fine motor and handwriting development. No need to "make" the child do what is best for them, with Handy Learning, they want to engage and play. Handy Learning is an integrated program that meets the specifications of IDEA guideline for therapy implementation.
The book is packed full of fun and engaging activities to develop children's hand skills. In addition, each activity correlates to a curriculum goal. It provides an overview of hand development with the required Write Stuff for handwriting skills. More than 25 activities for the classroom are provided with pictures and descriptions of each activity. Each activity includes:
- • An overall description of the activity
- • A list of targeted school-related developmental objectives
- • A list of tine motor development components
- • Therapeutic positioning for each activity
- • Clear photographs of the activities in action
In addition, the Handy Learning book includes:
- • Easy-to-follow "recipe" for assembling classroom kits including where to buy items
- • Special handwriting section for occupational therapists
- • Sample lesson plans that cross-reference real curriculum goals
- • Troubleshooting ideas and strategies for specific symptoms/classroom performance delays
- • Glossary with defining terms to improve teach-therapists communication